Thursday, April 29, 2010

Pocatello Co-Op's 2010 Pre-Mother's Day Art Sale

On May 2, the Pocatello Co-op will be having a pre-Mother's Day arts and crafts sale. I'm looking forward to it, because the pre-Valentine's Day sale in February was so much fun. I met a lot of new people and saw old friends and acquaintances.


To see a gallery of my glass pieces, visit: http://encoreglass.blogspot.com


Another thing I like about the Co-op's arts and crafts sale is that many of the artists/crafters recyle materials--everything from bottle caps and Scrabble tiles to scrap yarn, wood, and glass--to make their items. One of my favorite things is to see discarded materials called back into service and given new form and function, and the Co-op's sale is a vivid example of this.


Here are some of the pieces I'll be taking to the Mother's Day Sale.
These (above) are actually 3 separate pieces, in 9"x11" 1950s vintage picture frames.
Below are two pieces for lovers of pink (you know who you are).
21"x23"
20"x24"
9"x24"
18"x20"
23"x27"

No comments:

Post a Comment