Sunday, May 9, 2010

Yard Sale!

What is more work and yet more fun than a yard sale?
Saturday, my neighborhood held a yard sale, and great deals were to be found all up and down the block. The early birds began arriving at 7 a.m., before I'd even had a chance to set out my sign.
Naomi baked lots of delicious cupcakes to sell, and we offered free coffee with the purchase of a cup or mug from our extensive collection of mismatched beverage containers.


Lynn (holding one of his cats) and his dog, Drogas, watched the sale from the top of the hill.
The deal of the day was the underpriced chaise (or "fainting couch," as many people called it). It was snapped up early, and then it sat for quite a while with a SOLD sign on it, which frustrated subsequent customers.
Sarah scored a vintage spice shelf.
We were happy to get rid of the junk...er, I mean...treasures...
...which included everything from Pat's Sudoku cube to my "Mist of Dreams" humidifier.

No comments:

Post a Comment