Saturday, November 26, 2011

Birthday Dance

This year's birthday cards demonstrated just how well my family and friends know me. It's obvious that, after 65 years, I'm completely predictable, and I loved the selection. 
My daughter sent this handsome hunk to thrill me, while my son-in-law called to sing a BeeGees-inspired version of the happy birthday song, set to the tune of "Stayin' Alive."
One friend honored my independent-Western spirit...
...while another poked fun at my passion for blogging.
The caption on this card read, "Dance like no one is watching...because, probably, no one is."
One birthday gift was a beautiful silk garment by Kariza that could be worn as a dress, a cape, or a wrap-around skirt. Inspired by the woman on the card above--whose body type matches my own--I dressed up and performed my own dance.
I danced as if no one was watching,
and, fortunately, no one was.

No comments:

Post a Comment