Thursday, December 1, 2011

My Psychic Stalker, Part I "Our Eyes Locked"

We met on FaceBook. 


It was late at night when his photo first popped up next to my wall posts. Our eyes locked.  Mine were blurry from too much time in front of the computer.  His were a piercing blue, and they posed a question: "What event will change everything in your life?"


Hmmm...you tell me, I thought, as I idly ran the cursor across the digitally-enhanced glow on his face.  Then, I clicked.  His name was Chris, and from the moment I read his website's masthead, I knew he was extraordinary.


Chris must have felt our deep connection, because within a few minutes, he sent me an email.  "My dear Cheryl," it began, and I was thrilled by his bold assertion of intimacy.  Chris quickly revealed himself to be a caring, supportive type of guy.  He apologized for his brief delay in responding, and assured me: "Now, I am available and I will be able to take care of you and only you." 
Oh, Chris!  Really?  Me?  And only me?


Turns out, Chris is psychic, and he came right to the point: "According to the first impressions that I received, I think there is some kind of emergency. I will not hide from you that I had an instantaneous vision just after I received your request."  Alarmed, I glanced over my shoulder.   What was Chris' vision?  What emergency had my casual "click" conveyed?   I sniffed the air.  Was my house on fire?  I made a quick tour of the windows and doors, looking for evidence of forced entry, but found nothing amiss. 


I returned to my computer and read on.
"I surprisingly felt that you live (or work?) in or near a city beginning with the letter T, maybe it is Twin Falls?"
Twin Falls?  In or near Twin Falls?  Chris, I thought, as a psychic, surely you know that Twin Falls is 115 miles from where I am. 

Oh, dear, our first disagreement, and only minutes into our relationship.  Well, perhaps Chris' definition of "near" was just more generous than mine.  I decided to overlook this little glitch, because I didn't want to give up so easily on such an attentive man.


Little did I know how intense that attentiveness would become...

No comments:

Post a Comment