Thursday, December 29, 2011

My Psychic Stalker, Part VIII "The Clam"

The final message from Chris began with a bit of flattery: 
"I have been told that you are a person with a big heart and with a very sensitive personality that very few can understand. Because of that you have the gift of foresight even if you are not using it."
He didn't resist the temptation to remind me once again what I was missing...
"Let me emphasize the importance of this reminder because you can never have the same chance in the same place twice. Do you really want to miss out on love, or even miss a jackpot ? NO, of course not!"
...and deliver a mild scolding:   "But instead of grabbing my hand, you choose to stay alone in your shell."

"You have arrived at a turning point in your life. Now is the time to act. Now is the time to take the hand I hold out to you. Do not clam up. Do not hide in your shell. I really don’t understand. You have reached a moment in your life of unparallelled importance."


You are right, Chris. After a month of your flattery, cajoling, nagging, and rhetorical manipulation, I have reached a moment of importance. 

"So, Cheryl, can you make this promise to me? That you will you now choose to put an end to all your problems?"  

Yes, Chris, I promise. Although I cannot put an end to all of my problems, I can put an end to one of them. 


My hand closes around the mouse. The cursor hovers over the DELETE command.   Goodbye Chris, I whisper.

Click.

2 comments:

  1. Chris might not be as easy to rid yourself of as you may think. I'll be watching for The Return of My Psychic Stalker...

    ReplyDelete
  2. No one expects the Spanish Inquisi...er, I mean, The Psychic Stalker!

    ReplyDelete