Tuesday, December 27, 2011

My Psychic Stalker, Part VII "Ultimatum"

 Gone now were the terms of endearment. Chris' next message got brusquely down to business:
"Cheryl, you need a plan, a map. I spent much time calculating all the possible paths of your future. Using my psychic ability, tarot reading and astrology, I saw that these paths converge towards a future of great happiness, but only if you know when to make decisions and which one." 
He no longer addressed me as a friend or possible lover, but instead informed me that we had a professional relationship:
"You need a personal coach. You need someone who watches over you and knows what you need to do to achieve success. You can trust me like you would trust your doctor. Cheryl, I have the knowledge and the power to guide you to better horizons."

Just in case I missed it in his previous messages, he reminded me of his fame and of how honored I should feel to be his chosen one.
"I receive thousands of requests for help everyday. People crowd in front of my office begging for my help. Yet it is to you that I have given my time. Why? Because I was deeply moved by your personal case. I have a burning desire to help you and I spend long hours each day analyzing your personal situation, sometimes at the expense of people who, unlike you, trust me."

Still, I detected a discrepancy in Chris' argument. He seemed to be trying to appeal to the rational adult in me and to my emotional child at the same time.
"I do not ask you to take my word like a child, but I ask you to check it for yourself as a responsible adult. Like thousands of people before you who have found this happiness just because they took a leap of faith and trusted me."
Sorry, Chris. I don't think you can have it both ways.
Then, Chris turned petulant:
"In fact, I do not understand your attitude. I do not understand why you have not yet responded. I take it as a lack of attention from you. If you would have answered me like I was begging, you'd be able to perform miracles in your life. I am not being dramatic, but truly this situation will not last too long."

Well, actually, Chris, you are being pretty dramatic. "Perform miracles?" Really?


Finally, he issued his ultimatum:
"Everything will get better when you finally accept my help. And for that you must answer today."
At last, we were down to the nitty-gritty. After weeks of emotional push-me-pull-you, here it was. Would I give in and accept Chris as my coach, advisor, and Master of Divination, or would I pass up this opportunity for ever-lasting happiness and good fortune?

No comments:

Post a Comment