Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Boy Crazy

I was ten years old when I first heard the term "boy crazy."  Mrs. Hansen, my 5th grade teacher, was describing a classmate, Linda, and was warning my mother that Linda had exerted a bad influence over me. I don't remember the rest of their conversation, because I was busy thinking: a) I didn't need Linda to point out that boys were interesting, and b) what's "crazy" about being interested in boys?
Flash forward 55 years, and my friend Carol and I are standing in front of the coffee house where our poetry group meets.  Carol uses the term "man crazy."  Suddenly, I'm transported back to 5th grade and realize that I am--as the song goes--"still crazy after all these years."


This month's blog posts are dedicated to crazy-generating men. Let's begin with two obvious choices.
Top: Unidentified man featured on a postcard from someone in Russia who calls himself "The Siberian."
Above & below: Rugby player Sacha Harding, recently chosen as Britain's "Manliest Man."
Although Sacha has been featured in several gay magazines and blogs, he is straight. Here's a link to an interview with him: http://www.seattlegayscene.com/2011/11/ben-cohen-dethroned-sacha-harding-is-now-our-uk-athletecrush-object-straight-hairy-stud-of-choice.html
Stay tuned the rest of the month for some more "craziness," including some not-so-obvious choices.

No comments:

Post a Comment