Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Vincent d'Onofrio

The first film I saw Vincent d'Onofrio in was Full Metal Jacket, where he played the chubby country-boy-turned-homocidal/suidical maniac, thereby firmly establishing his acting chops.
In most of his subsequent roles he portrayed moody, if not murderous, guys, including his role as Edgar in Men in Black (not pictured here, for obvious reasons).

I have a feeling the moodiness is built-in, not acting. If so, that inherent characteristic came in handy when Vincent moved to TV as Law & Order: Criminal Intent's dark and quirky Bobby Goren.

But look at this face! What a good boy!
Oops, you pissed him off.
He's always meticulously examining the body of evidence and psychoanalyzing the criminal's intent. (Oh! That's where they got the name of the show!) 
You can investigate my body of evidence
whenever you want, Bobby.
Vincent is one of those guys 
who just gets better with age.
I couldn't resist cropping the other woman out of the picture, but I didn't know how to splice my own photo into her place. Drat!

No comments:

Post a Comment