Sunday, April 1, 2012

Zentangles!



This month begins with the addition of a new feature on this blog: Zentangles!
My older daughter, Mary, is an artist who works in a wide variety of media. She designs artists' trading cards (ATCs) and discovered zentangles through an ATC forum.


Mary writes: "Zentangles, basically, are just structured doodles. I like zentangles because of the step-by-step way of doing them and the pattern aspect of their design. Also, you can get some really cool 3D effects for little effort. The patterns draw from much in nature and often from much of what we've already translated into art forms: tattoos, quilt patterns, etc. Barbed wire patterns are the latest I'm trying to learn."

Mary taught zentangling to her daughter, Holly, who may also be contributing zentangles each month.

A note from Mary: "Here's a zentangle for you for April. I'm not sure why I think it's April-like. Perhaps it isn't Easter bunnies I think of, but cool Ukrainian Easter eggs. There were a lot of rabbits in my front yard last night. It must be spring! I'm trying to get the last few chores done: laundry, cleaned out the frig', and now, I gotta go to the store. Well, perhaps I'll put off shopping until tomorrow and do more zentangles!"

No comments:

Post a Comment