Tuesday, March 27, 2012

The King of My Boy-Crazy Heart: Mick Jagger

Let's finish off this two-month celebration of boy craziness with the King of my boy-crazy heart, Mick Jagger. This man has been making my pants want to get up and dance pretty much non-stop since the 1960s, and I hope it never ends. He sings, "If you start me up, I'll never stop." Well, he did, and I haven't.
If you haven't ever seen his 1968 film debut, Performance, rent it from Netflix. Watch/listen to the strange and riveting "Memo From Turner" at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cbyrm9q_bvM&feature=related  Mick's song, "Charmed Life," says it all. He'll be 70 next year, but he's still young at heart, and it shows. Watch the music video at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZRwQIuDeapE&ob=av2e
He sorta grew into those lips, dontcha think?





Shine A Light, Martin Scorsese's 2008 documentary about the Stones' "A Bigger Bang" tour, proves that Mick still has more go than the Energizer Bunny.
Click to enlarge this analysis of Mick's clothing (courtesy of The New Yorker magazine)

Thus endth the lesson. Thanks for enjoying these lovely men with me. Long live boy crazy women!

1 comment:

  1. Mine too. (King of my boy-crazy heart) Started w/ the "Dancing in the Street" David Bowie duo. Le sigh.

    ReplyDelete