Friday, March 23, 2012

Billy Zane

I first became aware of the charms of Billy Zane while watching the film, Orlando. Zane plays the ornately-named Marmaduke Bonthrop Shelmerdine, who comes galloping up on a horse, falls off, and winds up in bed with lucky Tilda Swinton. The scene when he wakes up the next morning will take your breath away. His sweet, slow smile is like the sun breaking through clouds.
Zane gained international recognition with the role of villain Hughie Warriner in the thriller Dead Calm with Nicole Kidman. I wonder if this had anything to do with Nicole's breakup with Tom Cruise. She probably couldn't stop comparing Tom with Billy. No contest, Nicole: Zane is hot, hot hot; Cruise is not, not, not!
Mama warned me about guys like this, 'cause I'm sure she didn't want me to miss the chance to be crazy about them.
Here's a link to a Billy Zane tribute video:
http://www.youtube.com/watchv=Bjj1TFmAfAI&feature=related    

1 comment: