Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Drevoslav

Ah, those Russian men! This is at least the third Russian in my series of boy-crazy-worthy guys. I feel a little silly admitting to boy-craziness for this one, because he's not a celebrity, I've never actually met him, and I can't exactly explain the attraction. 


I first saw his picture on a social website, where he'd posted photos of himself in traditional Russian garb.

He looks so contemplative in these photos, so appreciative of nature, that I found him irresistible.
His screen name was "Drevoslav," which, he explained, means "glorify tree." As I read his profile, I could almost hear his heavily-accented English. Before long, I was telling friends about him and even singing and making jokes in what I imagined to be his actual voice.
Even though he's 7,000 miles away, thanks to the Russian equivalent of FaceBook, I was able to access other photos of Drevoslav on outings with his friends, going to concerts, getting a tattoo, drinking a beer, playing music. 
He has a penchant for stuffed animals. 
Doesn't he look as if he would make a fine daddy?
Well, maybe not.
I cyber-stalked Drevoslav all through the summer...
...and in winter, too.
I wonder if he'd consider registering 
as a mail-order boyfriend?
Oh, he even loves cats! How perfect is that?


5 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you found me interesting. Don't make me shy!))thank you!!!))With best regards your Drevoslav.))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Drevoslav--
    I hope this blog post does not embarrass you. It is meant to be a compliment. If it makes you feel uncomfortable, tell me, and I will remove it. You seem to be a person who has many friends, loves nature and animals, and enjoys his life. I admire that.
    Best wishes to you,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Drevoslav--
    I wish I knew your language. Here's the Google translation of what I wrote. I hope it is accurate:
    Уважаемые Drevoslav - Я надеюсь, что этот блог не смущает вас. Он предназначен, чтобы быть комплиментом. Если это заставляет Вас чувствовать себя неловко, скажите мне, и я удалить его. Вы, кажется, человек, который имеет много друзей, любит природу и животных, и наслаждается жизнью. Я восхищаюсь этим. С наилучшими пожеланиями к Вам, Шерил

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Cheryl! This is a great post. I was very pleased to read it! It's great that you wrote about me!) No need to remove, it is wonderful!)
    I am very pleased that you have got to feel my soul) And once again thank you for the book, she became a wonderful decoration in my collection!!!Sorry for my English)))

    ReplyDelete
  5. Уважаемые Drevoslav -
    Ваше сердце показывает в глаза и протянутые руки. Твоя душа видна, когда вы держите животное, и когда вы приветствуете небо с музыкой.
    - Шерил
    Не извиняйтесь. Вы знаете английский язык. Я не знаю русского языка.

    Dear Drevoslav--
    Your heart shows in your eyes and outstretched arms. Your soul is visible when you hold an animal, and when you salute the sky with music.
    --Cheryl
    Don't apologize for your English. You know my language; I do not know your Russian language.

    ReplyDelete